Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Handle with Care


This morning I was reading in my devotional time and saw a note that I had written above another scripture on the same page. It was written above Hebrews 13:7-8 which states, "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." As I read those verses I remembered God speaking to me concerning the way that I treat those in leadership over me. I had written, "What He did for them, He'll do for me!"

This statement caused me to pause for a moment and think about the way I handle the gifts that God has given to me, those people that speak consistently into my life and care for my soul. Do I treat them as the gifts that they are or do I take for granted that they should be doing that because that is their job? Do I pray for them daily because I recognize my need for them to be spiritually and physically healthy or do I just look for ways that they can meet my needs? Do I work as diligently trying to make their dream and vision come to pass as I do my own?

If I truly believe that whatever God does for those in leadership above me He will do for me then I will be careful how I treat them. I will watch how I speak of them to others. I will never disrespect or dishonor them. I will rally around and cheer them on because their success will determine my own.

So today I pray for my leaders. I pray that if I have ever hurt or mistreated you that would be able to forgive me. I repent for any time I have participated in dishonoring your name, position or vision.  I petition heaven to bless you, to help you succeed in the calling that God has on their lives. I pray for your health and healing. I pray that God would strengthen your marriage and protect your families. I pray that every God-given dream of yours would come to pass. I pray for the Holy Spirit to keep me constantly in check so that I would treat my leaders like I would want my followers to treat me. Remember, what He does for them, He'll do for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment